Search This Blog

Sunday 21 February 2010

Settling Down


Recently my posts have been decreasing in size and input. That is unfortunate for my ego, hopefully todays topic should be able to kick start my old writing technique of barely coherent rambling steeped in rage. I am of course speaking of the situation of Jewish settlements in the occupied territories of Palestinian land. Don't worry if you get bored I promise there will be a lot of pictures and video clips in this one I promise.

If your a bit confused as to how these little hamlets have become such a problem and a threat to the Palestinian life then check out this video below it explains the tactics of the settlers in an easy to understand way complete with diagrams.


You may be wondering why exactly I'm complaining about these illegal settlements now, while I thought that since the 20th anniversary of Mandela's release from prison and the ultimate collapse of Apartheid in South Africa it would be an opportune time to take a look at where Apartheid still stands. Incidentally I recently caught an interview by the Real News with with Michael Ratner of the centre for constitutional rights on a family road trip/hike in the West bank, surprisingly an American Jewish family had very little trouble there.
Here's part one,

Here's part Two,

If you'd like to know more then please head over to the Palestine Solidarity campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts