Search This Blog
Sunday, 21 February 2010
Power 2010
This is coming abit late I know, but here comes another internet style campaign for reforms in the guise of the 2010 power movement. There are a number of very important constitutional issues such as proportional representation, a no to ID cards, or a Bill of Rights, and a Codified Constitution. If you haven't already I strongly suggest you cast your votes as theirs only one day left till the vote ends. In addition it also has a number of other pressure groups backing it as well including Republic (a campaign for an elected head of state) and the laboriously mentioned 38 degrees. It looks like this election will either end in a hung parliament or a narrow majority and with all three main... well all 2 and a half main parties are desperate to appear radical and Populist so there is a real opportunity for some radical reforms to make there way onto the political agenda if enough people complain about it. But I guess time will tell.
Labels:
Pressure Groups,
the internet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've been of two minds about the Salvation Army for a number of years, the very concept of a global Evangelical army is abh...
-
This dashing fellow is Nikolay Bauman, in 1905 during the early events of the Russian revolution he was attacked by a monarchist and died...
-
Sorry its a bit late (it should still be women's day for those of you to the West of me) I was celebrating Shrove Tuesday (pancake day) ...
-
We Want Freedom for All A Jewish Anarchist Statement Published by the Libertarian Worker’s Group FROM THE PAST TO THE PRESENT Back...
-
Unfortunately the present situation in Libya is a graphic demonstration of how Revolutions are in a constant state of motion (hence the name...

No comments:
Post a Comment