Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 September 2021

London Anarchist Bookfair 2021

 

 


 This weekend I packed my bags and went down to London to visit a bookfair. It was interesting, it was unbelievably hot, I've known Egypt, Cyprus and the Cambodian wetlands and I didn't sweat nearly as badly. Thankfully there was a small park directly outside with trees and shade. I had to cool off multiple times. I decided to trek down to the London because one of my translations was being printed by Seditionist press, unfortunately the printing wasn't completed until that Friday night so it and a bunch of other books weren't available. A pity but I got to check out some interesting literature and talk to some other people about a couple of topics while trying not to melt. 

It was my first time going to the London Anarchist Bookfair, based on some comments by organisers this one was smaller than it usually is, due to disruptions such as COVID and the resignation of most of the original committee a few years ago. Still seemed pretty busy to me, it might be my hearing, but I felt the acoustics weren't very good in the hall, I often struggled to hear what people were saying to me, and they had issues understanding me. 

Hopefully it'll continue to grow and develop, at least this time as far as I'm aware there was no massive incident that becomes fodder for gossip all over the world. It seemed like that happened every year when I read the forums, you could tell when the London book fair had happened when a new thread would pop up and had a dozen pages of responses within 24 hours. I didn't see anything controversial happen, and I haven't seen any of the usual fall out, so I guess nothing happened when I left. 

Sunday was dedicated to workshops which were recorded and will be available to watch soon on the bookfair's Kolektiva account.


Obligatory merch photo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts