Search This Blog
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
Viva La Quinta Brigada
As man born to a mixed Celtic ancestry I've always had a soft spot for folk music of all stripes especially Irish though I do think Riverdance is of the devil. And I've always enjoyed every version of La Quinta Brigada I've heard but this one for me is the definitive version.
Further information on the Spanish Civil War can be found at The International Brigade Memorial Trust I also recommend George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I've been of two minds about the Salvation Army for a number of years, the very concept of a global Evangelical army is abh...
-
This dashing fellow is Nikolay Bauman, in 1905 during the early events of the Russian revolution he was attacked by a monarchist and died...
-
Sorry its a bit late (it should still be women's day for those of you to the West of me) I was celebrating Shrove Tuesday (pancake day) ...
-
We Want Freedom for All A Jewish Anarchist Statement Published by the Libertarian Worker’s Group FROM THE PAST TO THE PRESENT Back...
-
Unfortunately the present situation in Libya is a graphic demonstration of how Revolutions are in a constant state of motion (hence the name...

No comments:
Post a Comment