Search This Blog

Monday 11 January 2010

The Internationale



I feel some elaboration my be needed for my comments on the English Internationale, I find the sentiment and ideals it espouses to be wonderful its just well listen to it, it starts of very well but after "unites the human race" it becomes quite clumsy to and difficult to keep the rhythm going hell if you don't believe me checkout its wikipedia page, (and as always if we can't trust an online encyclopaedia that can be edited by anyone anonymously who can we?) or Billy Bragg (more on him in the near future) who made up his own version.

And yes if your wondering the Spanish version in this video is the Anarchist Internationale but since I like the Sex pistols, and the Clash I don't have a problem with that.

Oh and by the way if you want to here those versions in full you can find many here at the Soviet Music MP3 archive and much more including the rare Afghan version from the short lived and much lamented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan and an Orchestra version by Dr Goebbels (no I'm not kidding, check it out if you don't believe).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts